Street Sole Scholarship Fund
FILL OUT AND SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO:
Street Sole Scholarship Announcement:
Street Sole is providing two scholarships in the amount of $5,000 each to qualifying Black/African American Los Angeles high school graduates. This scholarship fund seeks to acknowledge and reward those who have overcome hardship and difficult circumstances while still achieving academic excellence. Qualifying candidates will be high school graduates from the Class of 2020 who have gained acceptance to a four-year accredited college which they will be attending in the Fall or Spring of 2020/2021.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Copy of Official High School Transcript
- Los Angeles High School Graduate
- Proof of acceptance to a four-year accredited college (Fall of 2020 or Spring of 2021)
- Completed Scholarship Application Form
- One academic recommendation from Teacher, High School Counselor, or School Administrator
- Two 500-word essays discussing the following topics:
1. Describe the difficult circumstances you faced during your high school years which you were able to overcome and still maintain an exceptional GPA and ultimately college acceptance.
2. How does injustice and inequality affect our world today? What changes are required to undo the social constructs and systemic racism that is embedded in our current society?
Submissions are due by August 21st, 2020. Please submit to: email@example.com
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION/PRINT HERE:
*Social Security on Application: Optional
Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or send us a message online